Protective Coatings Applicator
Access, Plant and Equipment
Lesson 1 - Erecting and Dismantling Platforms
ERECTING AND DISMANTLING PLATFORMS ACCESS, PLANT AND EQUIPMENT
To understand and demonstrate the use of lightweight platforms up to two metres in height.
- The protective coatings applicator will use various forms of access performing their duties.
- Some locations allow the protective coatings applicator to erect platform up to two metres providing training is conducted.
- Training must be conducted with a trainer/assessor who is accredited to conduct the training.
- The training unit does not train a person to be qualified or competent in erecting or dismantling platforms-This is conducted by third party personnel.
Note; Regulations can vary from country to country
Lesson 2 - Safe Use of Ladders
SAFE USE OF LADDERS ERECTING AND DISMANTLING PLATFORMS ACCESS, PLANT AND EQUIPMENT
To understand the safe use of ladders and to understand where and when ladders can be used, inspected, tested etc.
- The coatings operative will, almost certainly use ladders in their duties.
- The type of work from ladders should be restricted.
- Mobile platforms are a preferred method for access.
- Ladders are recommended to gain access only and not to work from.
Lesson 3 - Mobile Access Platforms
MOBILE ACCESS PLATFORMS ACCESS, PLANT AND EQUIPMENT
To understand the use of access platforms (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms - MEWP).
- The coatings operative will work on various sites including petrochemical, construction, industrial, offshore etc.
- Height work will generally consist of scaffolding or specialist access, however, mobile platforms may be used in certain environments.
- Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP) includes cherry pickers, scissor lifts etc.